(photo by Ian Ruhter)
It was a sunny morning in Brooklyn...last summer, and suddenly out of no where, storm clouds rolled in and a torrential rain storm soaked me and my hair in a matter of minutes!
I love this picture, because instead of getting mad that my clothes, hair, and make-up were now dripping ...I laughed at the rainy-ness and how funny it was that I took all the time to get ready and was now drenched!
ARE YOU GOING THOUGH A STORM IN LIFE?
I love the saying: "Don't Let the Storms of Your Past, Cloud Your Future"
I've had many storms in my life, from being cheated on, hurt, feeling like my dreams were over, the pain of divorce, being a single mom, being broke, I could keep going on and on (ha ha ha)...and I definitely could've let that gloom up my future.
- Whether it was a relationship "storm"- someone hurt you, cheated on you, broke your heart, betrayed you.
- A depression storm- you feel hopeless, sad, and feel like giving up.
- A financial storm - you are feeling like your wallet is way to empty, your bank account has gone on a diet, and your bills are scaring you...
- Past Storms- you had a bad childhood, loss of someone dear to you, you've grown up with a family life, you've had trouble in your past, you feel guilty over something.
Chase the Storm Clouds Away
You have to make sure you chase the storm clouds away, and let the beautiful rainbow of your future come out and shine.
Your thoughts are more powerful than you know!!!
- If you just let any old "stormy" thought keep creeping into your mind- you are sure to stay in "stormy-land"!
- You must "re-set" the weather in your life!
- Think about how you want things to be, instead of how things are or how they have been. ~ If you've been hurt or disappointed, stop thinking about how hurt and disappointed you are and think about and tell yourself, "I am strong and have a bright future! I am getting better and better each day!"
- And just like you can't eat once a week and think that will keep you filled, you need to eat several times a day...same thing with your thoughts- you need to feed your mind with positive thoughts all day long!
Sure we may have more storms in life...but as long as you don't let the rain and clouds ruin your future...you can anticipate the rainbow!
The sun will always come out!
And sometimes our tears are like the rain that waters the rainbows in our heart! So, my precious hearts....if the rain or tears are falling right now in your life....know that I am sending you a hug right now, for my arms to hold your heart...and say, "it's okay....this storm will pass, and your future will grow full with blossoms, for even the flowers need the rainstorms to grow!"
My life has seen storms of all kinds....heartbreak, hopelessness, hurt, sadness, no money...just feeling like I can't go on...
and through it all I would tell myself, "Stop it Kandee...you better stop it with this sinkin'-stinkin'-thinkin'....and get your mind back on track with positive thoughts right now!"
*where the mind goes...the person follows....
Lead your self into great thoughts and places.
- I am great (even if you feel you're not...yet!)
- I am cherished and adored!
- My future is going to be awesome!
- I can't wait to see what is waiting for me in this life!
- I will make my dreams come true!
- I will find someone that will cherish and love me so much they will NEVER even think of hurting me in ANY way at all!
- I am worthy of being loved!
- I am happy- rain or shine!
This day is great and is waiting for you to change your thoughts, which will change your mind, which will change your life!
Watch your thoughts, for they become your words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
Watch your character, for it becomes you destiny.
People always ask if it's okay to repost something I've written- PLEASE, please, please feel free to pass this on, post it where ever you'd like...I want to be able to encourage as many hurting, "stormy" hearts as possible!
Think about thoughts that are wonderful today....don't let those little "cloudy" thoughts sneek in...
huge love and even bigger, better thoughts....your kandee