To TAN or Not to TAN!?!As a profesh make-up artist....I appreciate and love ALL skin tones from alabaster to the the darkest shades. And you are so gifted to have more pigmented dark skin, for all of us that wish we were naturally that shade! ha ha ha And remember if you are perfectly pale, and love it...that is beautiful too!! Every skin color is beautiful to me, that's why I love being a make-up artist!
(KANDEE's FYI....for the picture on the left, I used a foundation..many, MANY shades paler than my natural skin tone!)
But for the large masses that flock to sunny places to tan, or run to you local tanning place to "cook", or to get sprayed darker than you are.....here's my tip:
I use a fake tanner~
ones I like...
St. Tropez Whipped Body Mousse (buy the applicator mitt- it will save you from "tanning" the palms of your hands! ha ha
Sun LABS Ultra Dark Tanner (this smells great like Cherry Almonds)
and a new one that I've never tried, but just discovered from a Body Building Competitor....
it's looks incredible (but again....I haven't tried it yet!)
Jan Tana's Natural Tan Collection (they also make a special product called Ultra 1 - that gets you ULTRA dark in 10 minutes! I'll blog more about it if I ever try it!)
FAKE TANNING TIPS:
1. Always apply to clean, dry skin
2. If you EXFOLIATE (use a body scrub of some kind), you'll remove the dead top layer of skin, so your tan will last longer!
3. ALWAYS use a tanning applicator like a beauty puff or the tanning mitt that you can buy from St. Tropez (or the palms of your hands and around your nails will look really weird!) I also have a special remover from St. Tropez that will get it off your hands!
4. Make sure you apply it over entire face, (carefully into hairline, especially if you are blonde, you don't want to darken your hair!), and go over your neck very well, making sure you get behind the ears, especially if you're gonna put your hair up!)
5. Always WASH hands immediately after you slather it on...just in case some "tanner" got on your hand!
6. Once tanner is dry, apply lotion, so your skin stays moist and not white and ashy from dry skin!
BENEFITS of a "fake tan":
Just like bodybuilders: you look slimmer, muscles are more defined, and more angles in the body and face are accentuated.
And for those of us that want that sun drenched, glow, and don't want the damage from the sun, this is a great and quick option to look toasty golden or brown!
Hooray for all the beautiful shades we come in! Huge love and sunshine, your kandee
Remember: No matter how many clouds are in your day, the sun is always there waiting to shine on you. And the best thing do when our day feels cloudy, is to shine some love from our hearts onto everyone we see. It's amazing how our day will start warming up, with a sunshiney glow!