I think the most popular time to go to the gym has got to be right after new years, when everyone has made their resolution to "lose weight". And I bet right about 3-6 weeks later, maybe even 2-3 days later, people have given up, lost interest, or said, maybe next week, month, new years.....awww forget it, I'm gonna eat another cupcake!
I miss running. I miss feeling great. Having lots of energy. I really miss running though. My day didn't feel right unless I had gone running. It helped me process all my thoughts, have tons on energy...and I was quite impressed with my calf muscles that just look kind like, well...a little more defined and less,just kinda squishy.
So, yes, I want to get back into shape. Feel great...and in the process I might lose some weight, but I don't own a scale, so I don't even really know how much I weigh right now.
*I have friends that are addicted to weighing themselves, they weigh themselves up to 3 times a day. Well, of course you're gonna weigh less after you poop! Or weigh more after you've eatten or even had a huge glass of water! So I don't weigh myself, I just know when my pants are too tight or too loose! But, occasionally I'll step on the scale at my moms and see where I'm at. The worse was when I was pregnant and I'd have to see how much I weighed all the time!
Here's some get in shape basics:
(and yes, my getting in shape after baby video still needs to be edited, but I did film it...I even shoe how I work out with baby...I'll put it on my "random" youtube channel, www.youtube.com/thekandeejohnsonshow, I think.
1. Every day is a new chance to make some great choices.
2. choose to: eat to live not to live to eat
3. decide on a healthy breakfast like a smoothie or an apple instead of a donut or sugary filled muffin
4. Every day you don't do something towards your goal, you're gonna' regret it- guaranteed!
5. You're never gonna say, man I'm sure glad I polished of that entire pizza and ate a whole sheet of cookies! But you will, say, "I'm so proud of myself, I ate more veggies, green foods, and who knows, maybe even some Fish Oil, Flax Seeds or Kale and Blueberry Smoothie.
6. Think about how great you're going to feel everyday that you can say, I ate great and I worked out, even if it was just dancing to your favorite song!
7. start small- just spend 10 minutes dancing to your favorite songs- you'll be amazed how time will fly and you will have worked up a sweat!
8. try doing 10 push ups, 10 jumping jacks and 10 crunches, then work up to 20, then eventually 100!
You'll never know how great you will feel or how great your body can look if you don't do anything to get that way.
~Drink water instead of soda. (even if you say you don't like how "water tastes"...ha ha ha)
~Eat a banana, apple, or an orange instead of a candy bar, chips, or cookies.
~Instead of a big dessert or chocolate, sip some yummy tea with honey, agave nectar, or a little sugar.
~And tell yourself, you can have it later. You know what it tastes like, just think of how it tastes, remember the flavor...and imagine how great you're gonna look without having to burn off all those extra calories!
~Take some almonds or cashews or an apple with you to snack on when you go out, so you don't get overly hungry and cave in to fast food.
We can get in shape and feel great together! Off to go blend up my smoothie!
huge hugs and cheers with my smoothie.... your kandee
So, I'm thinking of doing a little "Get in Shape" kinda video...what do you think?
What would you guys like to see?
What might help?
Would it help if we all helped encourage each other?