1. When you go to Starbucks and he tells you the girl working there, "is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen"...and you are not the girl who works at Starbucks.
2. After dinner he makes no attempt to pay for the bill, or thank you after you sign your name on the restaurant copy of the receipt, hoping at some point he's going to stop you and at least offer to pay for his stupid steak.
3. When you go out with your best male gay friend and the male you are on a date with, and you return from the ladies room to see both males you came with kissing each other. Awkward and wrong on multiple levels. Level 1, because I was supposed to be on a date with a guy that was supposed to want to maybe only kiss me at the end of the night and level 2 because, whether you're gay, straight, or crooked...you should not kiss your friend's date...ever.
4. When you realize he can spend so much time with you because he doesn't have a job. And perhaps this and sign #2, go hand in hand.
5. When he continues to call you Michelle all the time, and that's not your name. But it IS, the name of his ex-girlfriend, you find out later.
6. When you wonder why he's been acting differently, and you read an article in the local newspaper about an artist couple working on a project together and realize the guy in the relationship, is the same guy that was just telling you how much he loved you and that you were his "dream girl", but has lots of dream girls and apparently now loves someone new, without telling you.
7. When you're dating a guy that takes more time getting ready than you do. Unless you recently chopped off all your hair and are taking a sabbatical from makeup.
8. When after you've been dating for months and he still has pictures of his ex up and even his goofy friends ask why he still has those pictures up.
9. When the guy your dating tells you he's never dated a girl "your size" or "as big as you are", before. *please note his many apologies years later, followed by the "you were the best thing in my life" story. Uh huh.
10. When you are at a New Year's Eve party, you go to get some food for you both and return to see him kissing another girl. And A: is wasn't his mom, and B: if it was his mom, he wouldn't kiss her like that, I hope. And C: it wasn't even midnight.
If you've experienced any of those things...it's time to say, "Breaklights. I'm out!".....
yes, I would agree, so ridiculous that, that is why I'm not dating any of them anymore.
I was funny looking back at all these awful dates or relationships...and what was once my high school heartache, is now years later...pretty ridiculously funny!
PS...this post was supposed to make you laugh and/or feel better, or that you are not alone in dating a bunch of guys that could use a course in manners, kindness and morals, and maybe how to be nice and chivalrous. Ha ha ha
What was one of your "signs your dating the wrong guy" signs?
Wow Kandee I'm sorry that you went through all of that! But hey it's great that you can laugh about them now; and these will be great stories to tell Alani and little Elyse when they get old enough for dating haha
One of my signs was guy tells me he forgot his wallet at home, after we have already placed the drink order at the restaurant then when the waitress comes orders a sirloin with a side of shrimp all this while chatting on the phone with his ex. I couldn't make this up if I tried
You sure have a way of telling these, it's like the top ten countdown on Dave Letterman show :] love your posts, you're way too sweet and beautiful to end up with any of those on the list!
I thought it was bad when one of my exes said, "your makeup looks great!" To which I replied, "I'm not wearing any..." And it's night and day difference when I apply my makeup, not to mention it happened nearly a year into our relationship. Lol!
Then there was a guy who brought up the discussion of what features we'd change or didn't like about ourselves. I mentioned I hated my big nose, which he reassured me was fine... An hour later we were driving to a park and I was putting on my shades when he said, "you know your nose would look smaller if you pulled those shades down more to cover it up." He argued he was trying to help me find a solution and would expect me to be just as honest.
A guy who read a book called, "the game" for guys trying to be a pickup artist. He never followed up reading a book on how to keep the girl once he got her.
Then the classic moocher who vanished into thin air the min the check came, or forgot his wallet, or had you pay for his best friend's dinner cause he owed him one.
Guys are like magicians, they put on a great act and make themselves disappear before our eyes, leaving us in search of the guy we saw on stage... not realizing it was all an act :P
Wow lol loving this post! Mine is..... you have shared everything with this guy and he can't even share his stupid apple juice with you and on cold chilly days he won't give you his jacket and you're left freezing!!! You have to remind him to get the door for you and he doesn't help you carry things in and out of your car -_- basically he doesn't do things on his own for you. * womp womp womp*
I had just got dumped last night at 4 in the morning and this made me feel a little bit better about it. Thanks Kandee
Telling me when i got à good job that maybe they were desperate
Wow that sucks. How bout this, you know you're dating the wrong guy if he crys more than you do. Lol
Lilypad, you should have excused yourself to the bathroom and gotten out of there lol
Good thing you've got Bobby now! I bet it makes up for the stupid stuff guys have put you through in the past. :P
I knew I was dating the wrong guy when he told me his ex had to put a restraining order on him after they broke up. LOL
i would love to post about one of my examples... but i think it would be too long and I might as well just post one on my blog. Thanx for the great idea kandee!! And for the encouragement!
Post a Comment