1. When you go to Starbucks and he tells you the girl working there, "is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen"...and you are not the girl who works at Starbucks.
2. After dinner he makes no attempt to pay for the bill, or thank you after you sign your name on the restaurant copy of the receipt, hoping at some point he's going to stop you and at least offer to pay for his stupid steak.
3. When you go out with your best male gay friend and the male you are on a date with, and you return from the ladies room to see both males you came with kissing each other. Awkward and wrong on multiple levels. Level 1, because I was supposed to be on a date with a guy that was supposed to want to maybe only kiss me at the end of the night and level 2 because, whether you're gay, straight, or crooked...you should not kiss your friend's date...ever.
4. When you realize he can spend so much time with you because he doesn't have a job. And perhaps this and sign #2, go hand in hand.
5. When he continues to call you Michelle all the time, and that's not your name. But it IS, the name of his ex-girlfriend, you find out later.
6. When you wonder why he's been acting differently, and you read an article in the local newspaper about an artist couple working on a project together and realize the guy in the relationship, is the same guy that was just telling you how much he loved you and that you were his "dream girl", but has lots of dream girls and apparently now loves someone new, without telling you.
7. When you're dating a guy that takes more time getting ready than you do. Unless you recently chopped off all your hair and are taking a sabbatical from makeup.
8. When after you've been dating for months and he still has pictures of his ex up and even his goofy friends ask why he still has those pictures up.
9. When the guy your dating tells you he's never dated a girl "your size" or "as big as you are", before. *please note his many apologies years later, followed by the "you were the best thing in my life" story. Uh huh.
10. When you are at a New Year's Eve party, you go to get some food for you both and return to see him kissing another girl. And A: is wasn't his mom, and B: if it was his mom, he wouldn't kiss her like that, I hope. And C: it wasn't even midnight.
If you've experienced any of those things...it's time to say, "Breaklights. I'm out!".....
yes, I would agree, so ridiculous that, that is why I'm not dating any of them anymore.
I was funny looking back at all these awful dates or relationships...and what was once my high school heartache, is now years later...pretty ridiculously funny!
PS...this post was supposed to make you laugh and/or feel better, or that you are not alone in dating a bunch of guys that could use a course in manners, kindness and morals, and maybe how to be nice and chivalrous. Ha ha ha
What was one of your "signs your dating the wrong guy" signs?